Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Pakistani player's big charge on Shahid Afridi, he ruined my ODI career

New Delhi : Former Pakistan cricket team spinner Danish Kaneria accused Shahid Afridi of misbehaving with him during his career and also blamed him for his short career at Limited Overs. Danish was the second Hindu player to play cricket for Pakistan. He took 261 wickets in 61 Tests while played only 18 ODIs between 2000 and 2010. Anil Dalpat was the first Hindu player to play cricket for Pakistan.


The 39-year-old Danish said that why did Afridi treat me like this and what was the reason behind this, it is very difficult for him to think if religion is not there. He said that Afridi was always against him when we used to play together in domestic cricket or ODI cricket. He said that when one person is always against you, what else can be the reason other than religion in it.

Danish Kaneria supported Shoaib Akhtar's claim last year that he was discriminated against because of religion in the team. He said that he could play more than 18 matches, but that could not happen due to Afridi. When Afridi was also captain in domestic cricket, I could not get much opportunities and in ODIs he did the same without any reason. He used to support others but not me.

Kaneria said that I was a regular member of ODI, but I could not get a chance. I was a leg spinner and Afridi also used to do leg spin and that was another reason. He was a big star of Pakistan and was playing continuously, yet I could not understand why he used to treat me like this. He used to say that two spinners cannot play in the playing XI. They also used to say that my filming is also a big reason for ODI. At that time, there were two or three good fielders in the team and Pakistan was never known for the field.

Kaneria was also found guilty in spot-fixing. He said that when PCB Mo. Aamir can give Salman Butt a chance, so why not me. I too had made a mistake, but others did the same. They were not thrown in my way. Kaneria played under the captaincy of Inzamam and Younis Khan and said that he supported me a lot. Apart from this, Moin Khan and Rashid Latif also liked me. I rarely played inside Afridi.

Post a Comment

0 Comments